SUPMX-71938-D, Laguna Tools 19-38 Drum Sander on Open Stand, 110V, 1-3/4HP
The SuperMax Tools 19-38 Drum Sander is an excellent sanding solution for any woodworking shop. It features INTELLISAND™ technology, which prevents surface burns and gouges by automatically controlling the conveyor speed based on load.
SUPMX-71938-D, SuperMax 19-38 Drum Sander on Open Stand, 110V, 1-3/4HP
The SuperMax Tools 19-38 Drum Sander is an excellent sanding solution for any woodworking shop. It features INTELLISAND™ technology, which prevents surface burns and gouges by automatically controlling the conveyor speed based on load. The SuperMax woodworking drum sander has a 110V, 20-Amp, TEFC 1-3/4 horsepower motor that drives the sanding drum at 1,740 RPM and a 0 to 10 foot per minute conveyor motor. Sturdy cast-iron construction reduces vibration, and a reinforced steel conveyor bed with less than 0.01 inches of variance ensures accurate sanding. SuperMax's variable speed drum sander is easy to use. You can adjust the conveyor angle and alignment using a few simple controls. The tension rollers have adjustable hold down and height settings that eliminate sniping. With a conveyor table that's 22 inches wide, the SuperMax 19-38 Drum Sander can do two-pass sanding on stock up to 38 inches wide. It handles pieces 1/32 to 4 inches thick with a minimum length of 2-1/4 inches. The SuperMax woodworking drum sander has a drum-shaped metal cover with a 4-inch vacuum port that provides excellent dust removal capabilities.
- Simple alignment feature Just one nut will adjust the conveyor to parallel the sanding head, making aligning the conveyor to the sanding head fast and easy.
- Indexed alignment setting Has an indexed alignment setting for narrow and wide stock. When sanding stock wider than 19”, the index lever will properly adjust the conveyor for flawless wide sanding.
- Easy height adjustments A thrust bearing below the handle and a nut positioned above prevents the drum from moving out of the set position while sanding. No backlash or slop in the height adjustment mechanism allowing easier and smoother height adjustments.
- Extra-wide conveyor to properly support stock over 19” wide. The conveyor table is 22” wide to add support to the work piece.
- Drum will never go “out of alignment” The drum carriage is bolted to the base, preventing any movement or alignment issues.
- INTELLISAND™ Technology: Automatically adjusts conveyor speed based on load
- Prevents gouging, damaging or burning stock
- Provides consistent finish even with varying grain pattern and density
- Greatly increases abrasive planing and dimensioning speed
- Flatness Guarantee: Precision-flattened steel conveyor bed reinforced with four steel cross sections for no “flex” in conveyor, guaranteeing flatness to less than .010″ across the width of the sander
- Abrasive conveyor belt offers the best grip for raw wood, giving you the ability to accommodate stock that is much shorter or thinner
- Patented Abrasive Attachment System effectively tensions the abrasive wraps, preventing loose abrasive and overlap
- Easiest access to abrasive fastening system of any drum sander! Extra wide space to access fasteners to eliminate need for special tools.
- Self-cooling drum prevents overheating and extends abrasive life
- Tension rollers are adjustable in height and hold down pressure, eliminating snipe
- Excellent dust extraction as dust cover is formed to shape of drum
- Metal, not plastic, is formed to maximize air flow and dust extraction
- Heavy-duty cast iron construction for strength, rigidity and reduced vibration
|Sanding Capacity:||Maximum Width (in): 38 (two passes)
Minimum Length (in): 2-1/4
Maximum Thickness (in): 4
Minimum Thickness (in): 1/32
|Dimensions (in):||27D x 46W x 52H (on stand)|
|Drum (in):||5 x 19 extruded aluminum|
|Drum Speed:||1740 RPM|
|Dust Hood:||1- 4″ vacuum port, min. 600 CFM recommended|
|Conveyor Motor:||43 in.-lb. torque, direct drive D.C. motor, ranged variable 0-10 FPM|
|Drive Motor (TEFC):||1-3/4 HP|
|Power Requirements:||110 V, 15 amp|
|Shipping Weight (lbs):||286 (3 boxes incl. stand)|